Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Thank You For Reading

What Good to a Nook is a hook cook book?
Dr. Seuss One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Thank you everyone for reading my blog and being interested in the recipes and the little tips and stories that go with them. We have eclipsed just over a thousand views so far and I am impressed with myself that I have been able to some what keep up with it. 1,000 hits in over a year isn't much really compared to my brief stint writing about the Florida Gators on SBNation where each article would get 1,000 views a day. Considering I am the only writer, I only post once or twice a month and I don't network very much I am surprised people still read it almost every day. I know the main readers are my family and friends, which was the intent of this blog so it makes me motivated to keep posting for you and hopefully you will continue to enjoy reading!

I started this blog because I was always telling my sister about different ways to cook boneless skinless chicken and eventually I just figured I should just post my recipes online so people can get ideas of what is cheap, tasty and also healthy. Like most ideas, it sounded pretty easy to just post pictures and directions when I was done cooking a dinner that I was particularly proud of but it's a little more work than I expected. The number one reason is I take a lot of pride in my cooking and writing, so I don't want to just throw anything up here and expect people to read it and try it if it looks like I don't care that much. Not saying I don't make some grammar mistakes or forget something but I usually spend at least two hours making a recipe and posting it online. I could easily post recipes 4-5 times a week because I usually cook good food that often but if I don't have the time to do it right, I don't bother. It's tough when I have school full time, work part time and three kids to take care of. Some times I consider posting a recipe online because I know it's something special like a dinner from scratch or a cake my wife Angel made for my dad but I am too occupied with getting the plates ready so the family can have more time after dinner to relax.

This has been a rough semester for me because I have to drive to Tampa three times a week and two of the kids go to different schools. I hope to write more because one day my goal is to take my recipes and make a real recipe book. I am not getting my hopes up on getting published but it would be nice to at least accomplish it and pass on to my kids and family. So thank you Angel, Sally and my Grandpa, Rachel, Sam and John, Judy and Tom, Sheila, Kim, Ahnna, Sean and I think that is it but anyone else who has personally complemented or just mentioned they read my blog. Now excuse me I have about 300 to 400 more recipes I need to post before I feel confident to make a book with.

No comments:

Post a Comment